JDI's Internship Program: Creates Opportunities, Fosters Activism
Each semester JDI is fortunate to have tremendous interns from colleges and graduate schools at the Coalition. These interns contribute so much on a range of projects, research and activities. Our goal is for each to leave with increased skills and experience and a deeper understanding of and commitment to the social justice issues at the core of our work.
Introducing the Summer 2012 Interns
What a crew! This summer's interns come from Boston College School of Law, University of Connecticut, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Connecticut College and Simmons College. They are working on projects including men's engagment, domestic violence homicide prevention, public policy advocacy, and communications.
We've asked the interns to tell us a bit about their experience here at JDI. We'll be adding their reflections here over the course of the summer.
- First up is Alex Collins, a rising senior at the University of Connecticut.
- Next we hear from Tanaha Simon, a rising senior at Connecticut College.
- Please meet Lauren Wolfinger from Boston College Law School.
- We're pleased to introduce Katherine Valera, a rising senior at University of Massachusetts.
- Rounding out the team is Ren Kenney, a rising junior at Simmons College.
How to become an intern
If you or someone you know is interested in an internship at JDI, check out the opportunities.