Membership Criteria And Benefits
Member Organizations are non-profits that further the mission of Jane Doe Inc. by providing services to or on behalf of survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault. These services are free, confidential, and available to all survivors regardless of age, race, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, or financial status.
The criteria for membership has been determined by the member organizations themselves in conjunction with Jane Doe Inc.’s Board of Directors. There are two levels of membership and applying is a process; all members agree to support a set of core values that guide our collective work.
Core Members provide comprehensive services and meet one or more of the following criteria:
• Comprehensive primary purpose domestic violence programs that offer an array of services including: 24 hour accessibility, emergency shelter or other residential services, community based services, hotline, counseling, advocacy and prevention programming;
• Comprehensive primary purpose rape crisis centers that provide a range of services including a 24-hour hotline, counseling, medical advocacy, legal advocacy, and prevention education;
• Transitional living programs that provide residential services specifically designed for survivors of sexual and domestic violence. Core member must also sign and support the principles of unity which address the mission and core values of Jane Doe Inc. They must also agree to support a unified budget strategy for public funding at the state and national level.
General Members provide intervention or prevention services, but do not meet the criteria for Core Members. They may provide prevention programs, health care and education-based programs, intimate partner abuse education programs, faith-based and other special focus programs, Whether located in a larger organization or not, the applicant
Seeking membership in the Coalition is a choice for each of these organizations. The driving force behind the Coalition is a shared commitment by the membership to form a dynamic community of diverse allies with the common goal of ending domestic violence and sexual assault.
While specific benefits vary based on core and general membership status, as a member of the Coalition, organizations gain strength from one another and magnify their power as a whole. JDI members receive an array of resources and services by being part of a statewide organization including:
• Representation and participation in the process of state and national funding advocacy for sexual assault and domestic violence services;
• Representation and leadership by JDI on relevant statewide councils, committees, and workgroups impacting systems and services for survivors and those impacted by sexual and domestic violence;
• Capacity building support from Jane Doe Inc. including program visits, specialized training and overall organizational support in times of transition, crisis, and on an ongoing basis;
• Participation in JDI gatherings, work groups, retreats and committees designed to build skills, expand networking and advance our collective efforts;
• Tailored support and assistance with responding to media responses, press statements, talking points and other media related needs;
• Access to Jane Doe Inc. workshops and conferences offered through the Jane Doe Training Institute and the JDI Initiative for Safety and Justice;
• Access to specialized materials designed for JDI members;
• Participation in a password protected website that provides “member only” access to updates, events, resources, research and other communication vehicles;
• Participation in cross-system collaborations with state funding agents, organizational partners, and individuals’ supporters across the state;
• Connection to the network of JDI member programs via listservs and other opportunities for networking;
• Assistance and support with research, data and general support for funding proposals, reports and publications;
• Specialized support and assistance with responses to systems issues locally and regionally;
• Opportunities to participate in ad hoc member only initiatives.
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS:
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a member, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.